Just because someone has a website or a blog, does not guarantee that they are the most technologically savvy person. Oftentimes, publishers with little technical experience integrating script into code need a little more guidance in adding Infolinks script onto their websites. Infolinks has some simple plugins to help with integration, or you can do it manually. Read the guide below to learn the step-by-step basics of integration.
Manual Script Integration
At Infolinks, there are so many platforms available online and many of them have their own control panels. I decided to compose a short guide about some of the main content management platforms to ease the integration process and help you get started with Infolinks in no time!
First, you can always find the basic integration instructions in your account under the “Integration Guide” tab. But some extra information can really help ease the integration process. The following guides are for manual integration, but some of these platforms have plugins that you can use instead. Check them out here .
1.WordPress – To add the Infolinks script manually to your WordPress template please login to your WordPress dashboard and add the infolinks script at the bottom of the footer file (called ‘footer.php’) in the appearance editor right before the closing </body> html tag.
2. Joomla – Log in to your Joomla website. Go to”Template Manager” under the Extensions menu, click on your current Template option. Look for the “Edit HTML” icon or click on “Edit Main Page Template”. Paste the Infolinks Script right before the closing </body> html tag. Click on ‘Save’ button and it’s done!
3. Drupal – Login to your Drupal site. Click on “Structure”, and then on “Blocks”. Afterwards, select “Add New Block”. In the New Block, paste the Infolinks script into your Block body section and enter a description (you can just write “Infolinks”). Make sure that the text format is set to “Full html” and set the Region Settings to “footer”. Once these steps are completed, the ads will appear on your site!
4. Blogger – Login to your Blogger account, click on “Template” and then “Edit HTML”. Find the </body> tag and paste the Infolinks script just above it. Once the script is there, click on “Save Template” and you’re good to go!
5. vBulletin – To integrate the ads into your vBulletin site, access the vBulletin control panel. Go to the SHOWTHREAD template and paste the Infolinks script just above the closing </body> tag. If you have a vBulletin 3 Blog as an add-on, you will need to paste the Infolinks script in the BLOG template, just before </body>.
6. phpBB – Login to your phpBB control panel. Go to ACP, then to Styles, click on “Templates” and edit the Overall_footer.html file. Add the code just above the </body> tag. And that’s it!
7. Weebly – Access your Weebly account and click on “Edit” next to your registered Weebly site. Go to Settings and then click on “Search Engine Optimization”. In the “Footer Code” area paste the Infolinks script and click on “Save”. Click on “Publish” to finalize the process and voila! The ads are working.
8. Tumblr – Click on the “Preferences” icon. In the new window click on “Customize your Blog” then select “edit html” and scroll to the bottom of the code window to place the Infolinks script right before the </body> tag. Then click on “Update Preview” and Save!
So there you have it! Whether you are a total tech geek, or a regular seeker of IT support, this guide ought to clear up any questions you had regarding integration. And remember, but you can always contact us at email@example.com as our team is always here for you to answer any questions you may have regarding your account. Happy Blogging!
*Please take note that platform control panels may change slightly with the release of newer versions.